ASK

If we are asked to define the word 'teacher', what would be the most common answer? It is very true that teachers help us understand our subject but there is one very important thing that none of us should forget... that teachers not only make us literate but also educated. Literal knowledge can be gained from any book, but we always need teachers to gain education. Teachers are the one who facilitate learning of lessons of life, morals, differentiate between good and bad. Gradually in school, I learnt a lot about life. My teacher made me learn tough and new spellings... I understood, I need better words to communicate. My teacher made me do difficult mathematics problems... I understood, I need numbers to count my pocket money. They made me learn names of far away countries and their capital cities... I understood, I have lots of places to explore. They made me learn names of ancient kings, rulers and dynasties... I understood, how old the world is. My teacher made me learn confusing physical and chemical formulae... I understood, still new things can be made. They gave me difficult tests to write... I learnt about hard work. They gave me less marks in some tests... I learnt about disappointment. They gave me strong punishments for scoring less... I learnt about patience. They told me I could do well in exams if I worked harder... I learnt about encouragement. They gave me good marks in exams... I learnt about hope. They sometimes read aloud the names of students who had scored very well... I learnt about achievement. Friends... knowledge of these things and all these virtues can only be imparted by a teacher... a 'guru', and not by any book available in the market. I would say that... we love and admire our teachers because...we are taught by their talents, equipped by their efficiency, assisted by their advice, cared by their concern, helped by their humility, encouraged by their efforts, and raised by their reasoning. Today, I would like to thank all the teachers on behalf of all the students... for telling us all that we know, for making us learn ABCD so that we could learn further. Thank you all... (especially... those whom I miss so much today)